Friday, June 01, 2012

Unbound by Cat Miller


Unbound (The Forbidden Bond Series)

Synopsis:
Betrayal, passion, family secrets, murder, and vampires...

What else would one expect during their freshman year of college?

After her birth, Danielle Vaughn, and her mother were ushered out of town in a surreptitious attempt to save her life; vampire prejudice can be deadly.

Like any normal nineteen year old, her biggest worry in life was blending in and working hard to keep her grades up. Her departure from a small town in search of a higher education causes a domino effect; she quickly finds herself maneuvering through a maze of enemies and lovers who are all hell bent on capturing her at any cost.

Danielle’s life is turned upside down by the return of her father and the society of vampires that shattered her human mother’s life. She must find a way to survive in the new world she is thrust into by a power hungry rogue on the hunt for gifted vampire youth. The hierarchy of the vampire nation is rocked by the existence of a demi-vamp who has challenged their narrow-minded views of the human race.

My thoughts:
This book has got to be one of the most emotionally engaging books I have read to date. I don't know if it was because I read it during an emotional time for me or what, but this book had me laughing, crying...and laughing until I was crying. The main character was very easy to relate to for me, so following her through the story was intense sometimes. There were characters that I loved and characters that I just downright hated, and in the end I just couldn't decide whose team I was on! I literally read this book in less than 24 hours, and at 350+ pages that's quite a feat for anyone that works full time, so that should tell you how GREAT this story is :) I would recommend this book to anyone who loves a great read in general. The fact that it is paranormal has no bearing on who would like it :)

You can stalk her on her Website, Blog, Facebook, Goodreads and Twitter.
You can purchase her books on Amazon, B&N, and Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment