The Brown House by Christy Sloat
The Visitors Series Book 1
Some secrets should never be revealed…
Brylee Branson begrudgingly made the excruciating move with her family from the warm sandy beaches of California to small town living in New Jersey. As if she wasn’t miserable enough, they’ve moved into a creepy old house that everyone in the area claims is haunted. Brylee dismisses the idea of ghosts and hauntings, until she begins to see and hear things that can’t be explained…
Brylee has no choice but to seek the help of new friends to unlock the secrets of this place she now calls home. But some secrets should never be revealed. Can the teens find a way to release the spirits imprisoned within the walls? Or will the curse claim them, too?
Ten things no one knows about me
1. I never went to college. I never aspired to be college bound in High School. All I wanted was to graduate and get the heck out of there. Looking back I wish I applied myself more and had the college experience. It is one thing I regret about my life.
2. My first job was at McDonalds and I hated it. I really needed the money so I could buy a car, but working there sucked royally. Once we were having a promotion for cheese burgers and I think they were .50 a piece. Some lady got mad at me that they were cold and threw a tray of at least a dozen cheeseburgers in my face. I stood their covered in mustard, pickles and ketchup. Yep it was really embarrassing.
3. I have Epilepsy. I was diagnosed at 16 with epilepsy or seizure disorder. It is a daily struggle and I take a lot of medication. But I think having my kids changed my life in such a way that it actually calmed down my seizures. My doctor thinks that my hormones changed from having them. What a blessing right?
4. I crochet. Yep I am a crocheting addict. Although becoming a writer sort of slowed down my crocheting business. I love to make scarves, hats and baby goodies. I have a FB page where I sell my creations. Kendylky crafts.
5. I cannot function without coffee. I am seriously addicted to coffee. If I don’t have my morning coffee, watch out!
6. I have a very bad Italian temper. Normally I am a pleasant and mild mannered person. But if you get on my bad side, uh oh! I am very protective of friends and loved ones. I do not let anyone walk all over me either. No way.
7. I say ‘dude’ a lot. Maybe too much. What can I say I am a Cali girl at heart.
8. I never thought I would be a writer. I always loved to create art and write, but I never knew it would be like this. I thought I would be working in the medical field or something.
9. I am terrified of bees and wasps. If I see one fly by me I run. Yes I run and scream like a little girl. It is really scary to be chased by a bee. They freak me out.
10. I was teased in school. I have really curly hair and in school straight hair was in. Well that left me out of the in crowd so to speak. I also didn’t ever have a real boyfriend in high school. Everyone teased me too much. I think they called me ‘frizzy Christy’ because my hair was curly. Looking back my hair was beautiful.
Christy Sloat is a Southern California native who now lives in New Jersey with her husband and two daughters. She believes that reading is a passion and it should be embraced. If she is not reading or writing she is cooking or spending quality time with her children.She believes in past lives and love that can last lifetimes. She is huge Stephenie Meyer and J.K. Rowling fan. Some of her favorite vacation spots are Maine, Massachusetts and California.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway