Sunday, July 01, 2012

Gabriel's Chalice by Frank A. Ruffolo

Gabriel's Chalice
Synopsis:
It is the year 2028. Plagues, pestilence and other global disasters suddenly erupt. As spewing volcanoes cover the Earth with a dense cloud of ash, God sends the Archangel Gabriel with an incredible message for mankind... Dr. Raphael Matteo, a leading geologist with NASA, anxiously studies the signs and disasters foretold in Luke 21:11 of the New Testament. Accompany him as he encounters the Archangel Gabriel during a walk outside of Moon Base Challenger. Follow him to the Vatican and the White House as the Earth is faced with the threat of another ice age. Join with the CDC as plagues threaten life on earth as we know it, while signs in the sky make their way over Jerusalem... a city that will shine like a sparkling diamond.

My thoughts:
The cover of this book was intriguing to me, so I just HAD to read it. And boy am I glad that I did! I loved the storyline and even though it is a work of fiction, some of the events were so well portrayed that I'm actually thinking some of them "might" be plausible as events in the future. I love the combination of "real events" and "spiritual events" that the author weaves throughout this book. This story had me hooked from page one and I can't wait to see what else he comes out with! I recommend this book to everyone who likes sci-fi/space travel and spiritual books :)


Author Bio:
I was born in Manhattan, New York and grew up In West Hempstead, Long Island. Got Married to my beautiful wife Christine in 1975 and we moved to South Florida in 1979.We raised two beautiful children who have left the nest. I was in the private sector in middle management until I retired in 2011; to further my writing career. My first novel "Gabriel's Chalice" was listed in September of this year and I am currently editing two more novels and writing a third. Not bad for a kid that failed his English 12th grade regents final.

No comments:

Post a Comment